Eccles Mulled Wine
The winter months have officially arrived and the colder nights have pulled in.
It’s time to snuggle up and get cosy by the fire while enjoying a festive glass of our Eccles Mulled Wine.
- 400ml Red Wine of your preference
- 150 to 200ml Water
- 2 Oranges – Keep Back Two Ring Slices of Orange for Garnish
- 1 Lemon – Keep Back One Ring Slice of Lemon for Garnish
- 10 Cloves
- 1/2 of a Nutmeg – Freshly Grated
- 3 to 4 Badin
- 1 to 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 3 to 4 Soup Spoons of Sugar
- In a pot, bring the water to a boil
- To this add, the Cloves, Nutmeg, Badin & Cinnamon Sticks, as well as the juice from the oranges & lemon
- Let boil for a few minutes, letting all the flavours infuse
- Bring the mixture to a gentle heat, add your preferred red wine and continue to simmer, do not boil it at this stage
- After a few minutes, strain the mulled wine in a jug and serve with a garnish a cinnamon stick and slices of orange and lemon slices decorated with cloves
- Wrap up warm by the fire and enjoy your glass of Eccles Mulled Wine!