By Head Chef, Eddie Attwell
Honeycomb so good that even the bees want it for themselves!
An easy but fun recipe for everyone to give a go.
- 75g Honey
- 140g Glucose
- 400g Sugar
- 5tbsp Water
- 20g Bicarbonate of Soda
- Weigh out all your ingredients
- Prepare a metal tray by lining it with grease proof paper and storing it in the freezer
- To a large pot, add the Honey, Glucose, Water and Sugar
- Over heat, whisk the ingredients together
- Bring your mixture to a boil and keep whisking until it has reached a temperature of 146 degrees Celsius. You can measure this with a thermometer
- Remove from the heat
- Stir in the Bicarbonate of Soda and watch the magic happen!
- Pour into the tray you prepared earlier and leave to cool
- Once cool, lift up your block of honey comb and drop on a hard surface. It will break into honeycomb segments
- Enjoy your honeycomb!
Add a little something extra to your dish:
Honeycomb can be enjoyed both on its own and with many desserts, like our Eccles Chocolate Brownie for example!